CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 2, 2012

Help!

I have looked at this page over and over and am lost as to what to post!  I have so much going on, but nothing is coming together.  How do I implement all of the great programs whole brain teaching has to offer?  I'm conflicted as to when to introduce the genius ladder and if I should have the practice board up on the first day.  I have decided that if I am going to be a whole brain teacher I have to completely commit.  That means, no more prize box, candy, and wow sticks.  What if it doesn't work?  What if I fail?  As you can see, I'm floundering

I have been working in my room for days, and feel as if I haven't made a dent.  I still don't know where my super improver wall will go and if I should do a hard copy of genius ladder or have a page on my smart board.  What about the power pix focus wall?  I am truly overthinking things! 

Here is the state of my room as of today, and the available wall space!
                                   This is my student computers and behind them is my desk.
Bulletin board next to my chalk board.  Yup, we are old school!
Wall space next to Smart Board and my one cabinet.
Space behind my kidney table.  This wall is also a magnetic wall.
This is a pic of half of this bulletin board. I was thinking of halving it and using it for two things.

If you have any suggestions please comment!  I need your help!

7 comments:

Farrah Shipley said...

Oh sweetie! First...take a deep breath! Next...email me and I will give you my phone number. I am up late most nights and I find explaining things over the phone works so much easier! I am happy to help...just email me at farrahshipley@wholebrainteaching.com and I will get you my number :) Breathe...Breathe...It will all be ok!!!

Nancy Stoltenberg Director of WBT Certification said...

Farrah is so right! She is the GoTo Girl for Kdg.! One note,I also have an OLD classroom with a cement block wall like yours! I used the 3M hooks to hang my Pocket Chart up for the Super Improvers Wall. I have pictures on my blog you can check.

So excited for you!!

Nancy
Mrs. Stoltenberg's Second Grade Class

Ms. Julie aka Southern Teacher said...

You can do this! Step back, take a breath. I kow you'll get some amazing help from Mrs. Farrah! Little steps. I also have those cinderblock walls and I loooove using command hooks! I did the same as Mrs. Nancy with my Super Improvers Wall (pocket chart) but I was able to clip it a board in my room. It's just whatever you can get to work for you! Remember that we're all out here to support you can give advice! Hope to "see" you during the webcast tomorrow!

Julie aka Southern Teacher
southernteacher.blogspot.com

Miss L said...

First of all, I love that your classroom has blue walls! I am so sick of every classroom being white, who made that rule haha. You also have a magnetic wall, that is so awesome!

Second, just remember that you have so much support. I immediately thought of Farrah's blog as she is doing an amazing "Set up Your WBT Classroom" blog post series but I see she was the first one to comment. She will be a lifesaver for you!

If you commit you cannot fail! I would have all of the things up at the beginning of the year. Students can anticipate what they are going to be used for even if don't introduce them for a few days or weeks.

Unfortunately I don't have my own classroom so I can't add any advice that way, but I'm here for moral support!

Miss L
Miss L's Whole Brain Teaching

pinetreelia said...

Hi! Wanted to let you know that I'm giving you The Lovely Blog Award. Would love for you to stop by and check it out!

mywholebrainteachingblog.blogspot.ca

Nancy Stoltenberg Director of WBT Certification said...

Donna, you're doing a great job! I am giving you The versatile Blogger award! Come over and check it out!

Nancy
Mrs. Stoltenberg's Second Grade Class

Deanna said...

First let me say thanks for visiting my blog :) and I also love the color of your walls. I am excited for you to begin using Whole Brain in your class. I am also your newest follower. Take a deep breath and be prepared for life to be soooo much easier with Whole Brain.
Think all night…..Teach all day